Thursday, July 8, 2010

Style Inspiration: Tennis WAG Kim Sears

Hooray -- I'm headed to the beach on Saturday! Can't wait to get my toes in the sand and a tan on my skin! :) I've been trying to figure out what outfits to bring, and I've been taking inspiration from one of my new fave ladies: Kim Sears, British Tennis WAG (that's an acronym for "Wives and Girlfriends, for those of you who don't follow British sports obsessively like I do, LOL!).

Kim is the on-and-off girlfriend of Andy Murray, the great Scottish hope of British tennis. She's always in the stands watching her man, and she's got great style. Here are some of Kim's courtside essentials that I love:


Loooooving her aviators -- these are probably Kim's signature piece. I've got a pair, and they are definitely my favorite sunglasses for the summer. During the winter, I rock a big pair of over-sized Hollywood shades, but these are just so cool for the hot weather.



Kim wears stripes a lot, and so do I -- nothing is preppier or more classic than a navy shirt with white stripes. So nautical and so summery!



She also pairs her stripes quite frequently with good, old-fashioned cardigans. I'm one of those annoying people who is cold all the time, so I always wear layers, and cardis are a regular part of my wardrobe, too!



Love this dressier floral frock as a fancier alternative for a match -- paired once again with a cute cardigan! The pleats are too cute.



I'm seeing these big statement necklaces everywhere lately -- love the orange-and-purple combo in this one. I probably wouldn't wear one of these with jean shorts, but I think one would be super cute with one of my solid-colored dresses for work!



I'm a big fan of jackets with T-shirts and jeans for a more dressed-up casual look -- so much more pulled together than a hoodie! (But I don't wear a ton of T-shirts with designs or slogans in public -- I like solid colors. Boring? Classic? Whatever it is, that's me!) :)



And finally -- my favorite -- an adorable pashmina! Every outfit looks better with a scarf casually draped around your neck, if you ask me. I need this particular one in my closet, like, yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment